Name: Alison Rice
Skin type: Combination, prone to hormonal breakouts (fun!).
Products used daily:
- Avene Foam Cleanser, which I actually discovered on a recent NYC Winter trip and my skin was too dry for my regular cleanser.
- Actinica Liposomal Sunscreen always and as a moisturiser. Melanie Grant introduced me to it and I am addicted. It’s more like a clear balm consistency than a white cream.
- Tom Ford Bronzing Primer before makeup to really bring that base colour to my skin.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream
- I have used Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil exclusively for about six years.
- Recently I discovered Smith & Cult Lash Dance mascara. It is perfect and like mini false lashes each day.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector on cheekbones.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- Lanolips on my eyelids for a subtle shine.
- Ouai Hair Oil in my hair after I wash it — I love it. Hair oils are usually too heavy for my fine hair but this one isn’t. And it smells like a tropical dream.
- Pantene Volume Booster Dry Shampoo is the only dry shampoo I will use, it is great for fine hair. I’m so scared they might stop making it one day as it isn’t super mainstream.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil
- Venustus Eternal Face Oil
- Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Cream
- I put Jurlique Rose Body Oil or Clarins Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil from head to toe before I get into bed. I have been using a body cream or oil all over my body every night since I was 16! Dedication.
- I keep La Prairie’s Pret-a-Porter beside my bed and use the balm like a proper princess before I put my Slip silk sleep mask on. My husband thinks the whole extravaganza is just everything. I'm very girlie!
Products used weekly:
- On Sunday night I use Dermalogica's charcoal face mask or a Dr Jart sheet mask. I love the new rubber ones, my skin has never felt so hydrated.
- I also love to scrub my whole body with Frank Body's coffee scrub every Sunday night and finish with my body oil.
- I also dry body brush about twice a week.
- When needed, Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is my pimple product of choice. Really does work overnight!
- I use Oribe’s blonde shampoo once a week and leave it in for a couple of minutes to remove any brassy tones.
- Arcona The Solution Pads, I use them three nights per week.
- I also get a facial at Jocelyn Petroni every eight weeks. It is a huge indulgence but with the extractions and face massage, essential to keeping my skin in good condition and looking clear.
- I see Lien Davies for my brows once every four months, sometimes longer. She has a unique technique and only plucks and trims. So my brows are quite natural, I love them so much!
- Emily Brown from Miss Brown has been colouring my hair for six years — really important for blondes, I think.
- Anthony Nader cuts my hair and it's such a delight.
Well, I spend approx. $1,300 on facials, $2,000 on hair colour and cut, $280 brows and with all my beauty products . . . I spend a lot! Eek!