- Stand at the back edge of your mat and reach your arms overhead, lengthening your spine.
- Keeping your back straight, bend forward, hinging at your hips to bring your hands to the mat. If your hamstrings are tight, bend your knees a bit to take tension off the muscles.
- Walk your hands forward, moving into a plank, and hold each step to stretch your calves a bit.
- Hold the plank for a few seconds to really wake up your core before walking your hands back toward your feet, returning to the deep forward bend.
- Slowly roll up to standing, letting your head hang and keeping your neck relaxed. When your return to standing, reach your arms toward the ceiling to complete one rep.
This is a great exercise to prep your entire body for a workout.