Weeks 1 and 2: Monday
Foam rolling, as well as five minutes of dynamic stretching, such as:
"You should have enough breath to still have a conversation, but your heart rate should be elevated," Monique told POPSUGAR.
Workout: Lower Body
- Glute bridges: With feet hip-width apart, do 20 reps full range of motion, and 20 reps pulsing at the top of your range of motion. Repeat twice.
- Kettlebell air squats: Perform a standard air squat while holding an 8-kg kettlebell. Do two sets of 20 reps.
- Kettlebell curtsy squat: Perform a standard curtsy squat while holding an 8-kg kettlebell. Do two sets of 20 reps.
- Kettlebell calf raises: Do two sets of 20 reps.
- Treadmill interval: Walk on a high incline for two minutes, then sprint without incline for three minutes, completing one five-minute round. Do four sets for a 20-minute cardio session.
Three to five minutes of static stretching and breathing exercises.