- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- To start, bring your hands behind your head with your elbows wide; then bring your knees toward your chest. Lift your upper back until your shoulder blades are off the floor.
- Straighten your right leg out. Your left knee should be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Using your entire torso, rotate towards your left knee. Guychard said to make sure that your left shoulder is on the ground and your right shoulder is moving along with your motion. You should think of it, he said, as "shoulder to knee" not "elbow to knee."
- Switch sides, and do the same motion toward your right knee to complete one rep.