"Triangle Pose is both a twist for the torso and a great stretch for the legs, inner thighs, hamstrings, calves, and Achilles tendon," Liza said. If you're flexible enough, you can lower your hand all the way to your ankle or the ground; otherwise, rest it on your shin, a block, or a chair by your front foot.
- Stand with your feet parallel, about four feet apart, and arms extended to the sides.
- Pivot your right foot 90 degrees, and turn your left foot just slightly to point toward your right foot.
- Exhale and shift your torso and right arm over your right leg while keeping your lower body still.
- Place your right hand just below your right kneecap (or on a prop), and extend your left arm toward the ceiling.
- Rotate your ribcage, and turn your head to face your left arm, if it's comfortable.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat on your left side.