Taran's Nonscale Victories
Taran told POPSUGAR she had several nonscale victories, including:
- Going from a "ridiculously tight" 18 to a size 6 in jeans.
- Wearing a 2XL shirts to wearing smalls and mediums.
- Being able to shop in straight-size stores.
- Going up flights of stairs and not getting winded.
- Completing a 13-mile rugged terrain obstacle course with over 25 obstacles.
- Being able to run 10 miles and breathe well during it.
- Improved anxiety and depression.
- Having her wedding ring fit better.
- "I have been able to focus on improving my BED."
- "I don't use food as a reward anymore!"
- "Being able to enjoy hikes. Hiking has always been a passion, but I was slow and constantly out of breath and trailing behind my friends or husband," she said. "Now I am at the head of the pack and elevation no longer scares me!"