Legs Up the Wall
This resting pose is a favourite of yoga instructor Sienna Creasy, area spa director for Hilton Rose Hall and Jewel Resorts. It refreshes your circulation while gently stretching out your hamstrings. For an added bonus, she recommended bringing the bottoms of your feet together and opening up your knees like in a Butterfly pose, which will stretch out your groin, thighs, and hips.
- Place a folded bolster, blanket, or pillow against a wall.
- Sit down as close as you can to the wall next to the blanket. Lie down on your back, place your feet on the wall with your knees bent, and scoot your body over so that your bottom and lower back are on the blanket.
- Adjust your body so that your butt is touching the wall, then place your feet straight up, resting your heels on the wall. You can keep your arms by your sides, or rest your palms underneath your head.
- Close your eyes, and allow your entire body to relax, feeling gravity pulling you down as the wall and blanket support you.
- Hold like this for several minutes or longer.